- RSS Channel Showcase 1679357
- RSS Channel Showcase 9309579
- RSS Channel Showcase 6326780
- RSS Channel Showcase 5523520
Articles on this Page
- 08/24/11--13:00: _Ford Crown Victoria...
- 10/02/11--13:55: _Rental Car Thief Na...
- 10/19/11--18:40: _Tjin Edition Buildi...
- 11/01/11--10:45: _Custom Ford Explore...
- 12/08/11--18:15: _Used Ford Explorer ...
- 12/09/11--15:00: _Ford Announces New ...
- 03/16/12--17:15: _New V6 Ford Interce...
- 08/24/12--10:37: _2013 Ford Explorer ...
- 03/07/13--10:45: _How Technology Make...
- 03/11/13--14:43: _NHTSA Clears Ford S...
- 04/01/13--05:01: _Ford Taurus, Explor...
- 05/16/13--09:01: _Top 10 Least Reliab...
- 07/12/13--07:01: _Ask AutoGuide No. 1...
- 01/03/14--10:51: _Ask AutoGuide No. 3...
- 01/27/14--09:32: _Top 10 Most Fuel Ef...
- 03/26/14--08:32: _2014 Three-Row Cros...
- 04/08/14--16:02: _Ford SUVs Might be ...
- 05/22/14--07:32: _Top 10 Worst Vehicl...
- 06/13/14--11:02: _2015 Ford Explorer ...
- 06/16/14--17:02: _Ford Explorer Recal...
- 08/24/11--13:00: Ford Crown Victoria Being Hoarded By Police Departments
- 10/02/11--13:55: Rental Car Thief Nabbed by Employee Using Facebook
- 10/19/11--18:40: Tjin Edition Building Ford Mustang, Explorer For SEMA 2011
- 12/09/11--15:00: Ford Announces New Crate Engines, 2.0L EcoBoost Coming Shortly
- 03/16/12--17:15: New V6 Ford Interceptors Offer Huge Fuel Economy Gains
- 08/24/12--10:37: 2013 Ford Explorer Sport Gets EPA Certified 16/22 MPG
- 03/07/13--10:45: How Technology Makes You a Better Driver, and a Safer Driver Too
- 03/11/13--14:43: NHTSA Clears Ford SUVs Suspected of Roll Away Issues
- 04/01/13--05:01: Ford Taurus, Explorer and Lincoln MKS Recalled for Fuel Tank Issue
- 05/16/13--09:01: Top 10 Least Reliable Cars and Trucks
- 01/27/14--09:32: Top 10 Most Fuel Efficient Three-Row SUVs
- 03/26/14--08:32: 2014 Three-Row Crossover Comparison Test
- 04/08/14--16:02: Ford SUVs Might be Next With Aluminum Bodies
- 05/22/14--07:32: Top 10 Worst Vehicle Nicknames
- 06/13/14--11:02: 2015 Ford Explorer Gets Cosmetic Updates
- 06/16/14--17:02: Ford Explorer Recall Closes NHTSA Investigation
Ford Crown Victoria Being Hoarded By Police Departments
After serving for more than 30 years, the Ford Crown Victoria has established a sterling reputation as the police car of choice. Ford is ending production of the Crown Vic Police Interceptor at the company’s St. Thomas, Ontario, factory and despite stopping sales of Crown Vics to consumers in 2008, Ford continues to make them available to... more
Rental Car Thief Nabbed by Employee Using Facebook
A Salt Lake City, Utah, rental car company had a bit of trouble recovering a 2009 Ford Explorer they’d loaned to 42 year old Jennifer Marshall Hansen of Sandy City, Utah, who failed to return the vehicle that was scheduled for September 1. According to court papers, an Affordable Rent-A-Car employee used Facebook to “friend”... more
Tjin Edition Building Ford Mustang, Explorer For SEMA 2011
Our friends over at Tjin Edition gave us some teasers today on a pair of Ford vehicles that they’re currently building for the upcoming SEMA Show. This year, Tjin Edition has teamed up with Ford to build out a Mustang GT 5.0 and an Explorer, with the Mustang being a follow up to last year’s... more
Custom Ford Explorers Revealed, Eddie Bauer Edition Absent: 2011 SEMA Show
Ford brought four of its new Explorers to this year’s SEMA Show, each customized by some of the top builders in the nation. Galpin Auto Sports, Stitchcraft Interiors, Tjin Edition and DSO Eyewear put their spin on Ford’s “SUV” with each sharing the spotlight at Ford’s massive booth. First up, Tjin Edition’s features 24-inch iForged... more
Used Ford Explorer Allegedly Held A Dead Body, Dealership Facing Lawsuit
In a country where everyone is a little bit lawsuit-happy, we take this story with a grain of salt. Margarita Salais claims that her 2006 Ford Explorer, purchased from Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights, once housed a dead body and is now suing for $25,000 plus court fees. When she purchased the SUV back in... more
Ford Announces New Crate Engines, 2.0L EcoBoost Coming Shortly
For decades, we’ve known Ford crate engines to be huge V8 powerplants packing plenty of cubic inches and power. But Ford has been quietly offering a 2.0L inline-four from its old Focus for midget racers but very few even paid attention to that option. Now Ford has added their new-generation 2.0L Focus engine and looks... more
New V6 Ford Interceptors Offer Huge Fuel Economy Gains
Ford‘s Panther chassis, platform for the iconic P71 Police Interceptor, is anything but a slouch, but after more than 30 years of service both Ford and police recognize the need for a change. Ford started building police variants of the LTD Crown Victoria in 1979, by 1992 the company’s cars evolved from modified civilian sedans... more
2013 Ford Explorer Sport Gets EPA Certified 16/22 MPG
Part of the growing “performance SUV” niche, Ford’s EcoBoost-equipped Explorer Sport is now EPA certified with 16 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway. “[The] Explorer Sport hits a sweet-spot combination of power, usable torque, four-wheel drive capability, with class-leading fuel efficiency,” said Bill Gubing, chief engineer for the Explorer, Taurus and Police... more
How Technology Makes You a Better Driver, and a Safer Driver Too
“First thing I do when I get in my car is turn off the stability control and traction control”. Many of us have heard someone, at some point, utter this. Or maybe we ourselves are the guilty party. When asked why it was turned it off, the typical response is along the lines of “’cause... more
NHTSA Clears Ford SUVs Suspected of Roll Away Issues
Over 1.5 million Ford SUVs have been cleared in a government probe that examined allegations they were at risk of rolling away. The four-year probe by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) looked into the 2002-2005 Ford Explorer, 2002-2005 Mercury Mountaineer, and the 2003-2005 Lincoln Aviator after 180 complaints were received by NHTSA. No... more
Ford Taurus, Explorer and Lincoln MKS Recalled for Fuel Tank Issue
Ford has issued a recall for 2012 model year Taurus and Lincoln MKS models along with the 2013 model year Explorer for a fuel tank issue. The recall affects vehicles manufactured between July 29, 2011 and March 15, 2012 and in those vehicles, the fuel tanks may have a marginally sealed seam on the side... more
Top 10 Least Reliable Cars and Trucks
Since its founding in 1936, Consumer Reports has become the go-to source for shoppers. From new refrigerators to bottles of wine, Blue-ray players to homeowner’s insurance, if it’s on the market it’s likely the non-profit organization has scientifically tested it. Of course the consumer watchdog is probably most famous for its vehicle reliability ratings. Conscientious shoppers... more
Ask AutoGuide No. 17 – Nissan Pathfinder vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. Ford Explorer
God blessed Texas with His own hand Brought down angles from the Promised Land Gave ‘em a place where they could dance If you want to see heaven, brother, here’s your chance… While there’s little scientific evidence to support the above statements, country-music group “Little Texas” may have been on to something with this toe-tappin’... more
Ask AutoGuide No. 30 – 2014 Acura MDX vs. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. 2014 Ford Explorer
Two’s company but three’s a crowd. More may be merrier in certain situations but undoubtedly not in every circumstance. Sure, having more flavors of ice cream to choose from or more paid vacation time is like hitting the jackpot at your local Native American tribal casino. Bingo was indeed his name-o. However, additional feral cats... more
Top 10 Most Fuel Efficient Three-Row SUVs
In the market for a three-row SUV but want to know what will get you the best fuel economy? AutoGuide has compiled the top 10 most fuel-efficient three-row SUVs available today based on their combined MPG rating. more
2014 Three-Row Crossover Comparison Test
Until the mid-1980s, those with large families usually bought station wagons with a who-cares-about-safety rearward facing third row of seats. But then the minivan was introduced and everything changed. For the next fifteen years, troops of kids were transported here and there in these pragmatic boxes on wheels. As is often the case though, consumer... more
Ford SUVs Might be Next With Aluminum Bodies
The Ford F-150 might not be the only vehicle in the American automaker’s lineup to make generous use of aluminum. The company is so pleased with the weight savings as a result of aluminum usage on its pickup that the next-generation Explorer and Expedition are both under consideration for the same treatment. The SUVs are... more
Top 10 Worst Vehicle Nicknames
Like ‘em or not, nicknames are a way of life. Perhaps you were called four eyes as a child because of your glasses. If your teeth were bedazzled with braces train tracks may have been a more appropriate term of endearment. Of course various companies have earned themselves disparaging nicknames as well. The Home Despot,... more
2015 Ford Explorer Gets Cosmetic Updates
In an effort to draw attention to its aging three-row crossover, Ford is updating the Explorer with cosmetic enhancements for 2015. The company announced today that it plans to offer a new appearance package on XLT models starting this month that adds a “sportier look.” The package adds 20-inch ally wheels with black painted accents,... more
Ford Explorer Recall Closes NHTSA Investigation
Ford has recalled 195,527 Explorers for a possible power steering glitch. The recall will close a two-year NHTSA investigation into the power steering glitch that spurred 15 where owners described the power steering failing on various Explorer SUVs. Ford chose to proactively recall the Explorer before NHTSA concluded its investigation, likely to avoid the same... more